Students from Africa are encouraged to apply for the 2024/25 academic session Africa International PGR Scholarships at King’s College London, United Kingdom. The scholarship is for students undertaking a full-time PhD program at King’s College London covering funding for up to four (4) years.
Applicants with research interests that relate to Africa and could take interdisciplinary approach to research are advised to take advantage of the scholarship opportunity to further their educational career in a world-class higher institution of learning.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): King’s College London
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): King’s College London, United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: African Nationals
King’s College London Africa Scholarships 2024-25 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the King’s College London Africa Scholarships 2023 applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be African nationals and permanently resident in the relevant country;
- Applicants must be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate;
- Applicants must plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the 2023/24 academic year (from October 2023 and by no later than June 2024);
- Applicants must plan to conduct research that is relevant to Africa, at the intersection of two or more of the given themes or disciplines, as described in the ‘Award Details’ section;
- Applicants must have applied to King’s College London for the scholarship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below) by the given deadlines;
- Secure an admission offer for an MPhil/PhD programme at King’s by 30 June 2023.
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2023/24, this was set at £17,609)
- Full international tuition fees
- Research Support Grant: up to £5000/year, depending on the research project
- Application Procedure
- How-to-Apply: Applicants are to apply online and thereafter find a suitable doctoral degree and supervisor at King’s College London and then proceed to apply for admissions.
- On the ‘Funding’ Section of your King’s Apply application, you must tick the box at item 5 (award Scheme Code or Name) and enter the funding code: 2224-AFRICA.
- Applicants are to complete a separate ‘Africa International PGR Scholarships 2022-23 Form‘ and attach it to the ‘Funding’ Section of your application on King’s Apply using the ‘File Upload’ at the bottom of the page.
Application Deadline: 1 Sept 2024 (23:59 GMT)