We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Restaurant Manager to lead our dynamic team and ensure the smooth operation of our restaurant. The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the establishment, from managing staff and customer service to financial management and ensuring a positive dining experience.
- Location101-8383 128 StSurrey, BCV3W 4G1
- Salary28.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employmentFull time
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies1 vacancy
- SourceJob Bank #2555663
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise restaurant staff, including servers, cooks, and support staff.
- Create schedules and assign duties, ensuring efficient staffing levels during peak hours.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to staff members to maintain high-quality service.
- Ensure exceptional customer service by engaging with guests, addressing inquiries and concerns, and resolving issues promptly.
- Maintain a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere that encourages repeat business and positive reviews.
- Oversee the daily operations of the restaurant, including opening and closing procedures, cleanliness, and maintenance.
- Manage reservations, waitlists, and seating arrangements to optimize the dining experience.
- Monitor budgets, track expenses, and manage revenue to ensure profitability.
- Implement cost-saving measures without compromising service quality.
Menu and Inventory:
- Collaborate with chefs to develop and update the menu, considering trends, customer preferences, and seasonal ingredients.
- Manage inventory, place orders, and ensure that the kitchen is adequately stocked.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, food handling guidelines, and alcohol service laws.
- Conduct regular inspections to maintain a safe and clean environment for staff and customers.
Marketing and Promotions:
- Plan and execute marketing strategies, promotions, and special events to attract and retain customers.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to enhance the restaurant’s visibility and reputation.
- Generate regular reports on financial performance, customer feedback, and operational efficiency.
- Analyze data to make informed decisions and implement improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience as a restaurant manager or in a similar leadership role.
- Strong understanding of restaurant operations, customer service, and financial management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively manage a diverse team.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address operational challenges promptly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle a fast-paced environment.
- A genuine passion for providing exceptional customer service and creating memorable dining experiences.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, and cost control measures.
Flexibility and Adaptability:
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, handle pressure, and make real-time decisions.
- Competitive salary and potential for performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunity to lead and shape a high-performing team.
- Exposure to various aspects of the restaurant industry, from operations to marketing.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Restaurant manager:
1. What does a Restaurant Manager do?
A restaurant manager oversees the daily operations of a restaurant, ensuring efficient service, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
2. What are the main responsibilities of a Restaurant Manager?
Restaurant managers are responsible for tasks like staff management, inventory control, customer service, financial management, and maintaining the overall ambiance of the restaurant.
3. What skills and qualities are important for a Restaurant Manager?
Effective leadership, communication, problem-solving, time management, and customer service skills are crucial. A restaurant manager should also be adaptable and able to handle high-pressure situations.
4. What education or experience is required to become a Restaurant Manager?
While formal education isn’t always required, many restaurant managers have a degree in hospitality, business, or a related field. Relevant experience in the restaurant industry, especially in supervisory roles, is valuable.
5. How does a Restaurant Manager handle customer complaints?
A skilled restaurant manager listens to customer concerns, addresses them promptly, and aims to find solutions that ensure customer satisfaction.
6. What is the role of a Restaurant Manager in staff management?
Restaurant managers hire, train, and supervise staff members. They create schedules, assign duties, and provide ongoing training to maintain a skilled and motivated team.
7. How does a Restaurant Manager manage inventory and supplies?
Restaurant managers monitor inventory levels, place orders, and ensure that the kitchen and bar are adequately stocked to meet customer demand.
8. What are the challenges of being a Restaurant Manager?
Restaurant managers often work long hours, handle customer and staff issues, and manage a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
9. What is the average work schedule for a Restaurant Manager?
Restaurant managers often work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, to oversee all aspects of restaurant operations.
10. How does a Restaurant Manager ensure food safety and compliance with regulations?
Restaurant managers ensure that the kitchen follows proper food safety protocols, and they stay updated on health and safety regulations.
11. What strategies does a Restaurant Manager use to increase profitability?
Restaurant managers analyze financial reports, control costs, adjust menu pricing, and implement efficient processes to increase revenue and reduce expenses.
12. How does a Restaurant Manager create a positive dining experience for customers?
A restaurant manager ensures that service is prompt, attentive, and courteous. They maintain a clean and inviting ambiance and handle customer feedback constructively.
13. How can a Restaurant Manager handle a busy shift effectively?
Effective time management, clear delegation, and maintaining open communication with the staff are key to managing a busy restaurant shift.
14. What is the role of a Restaurant Manager in marketing and promotions?
Restaurant managers collaborate with marketing teams to plan promotions, events, and loyalty programs to attract and retain customers.
15. How does a Restaurant Manager handle financial tasks?
Restaurant managers oversee budgets, monitor expenses, and track revenue. They may also handle payroll, invoicing, and financial reporting.
16. What is the average salary for a Restaurant Manager?
Salaries vary based on factors such as the location, type of restaurant, and level of experience. Generally, experienced managers in high-end establishments earn higher salaries.
17. What personal qualities make a successful Restaurant Manager?
Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, resilience, and a passion for hospitality are essential qualities.
18. How does a Restaurant Manager balance the demands of the job with personal life?
Effective time management, delegation, and setting boundaries are important for achieving a healthy work-life balance.
19. What opportunities for growth does a career as a Restaurant Manager offer?
Successful restaurant managers can advance to higher positions, such as regional manager, director of operations, or even restaurant ownership.
20. How does a Restaurant Manager handle stress and pressure?
Having a calm demeanor, effective problem-solving skills, and support systems in place can help restaurant managers manage stress effectively.