The University of Hull, with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, is offering applications for the GREAT Scholarship for the 2024-25 academic year.
The awards are open for international students from Bangladesh, China, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam applying for postgraduate courses in September 2024.
Founded in 1927 as University College Hull, the University of Hull is a public research university located in Hull, United Kingdom. It is the 14th oldest university in England and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, nationality and globally.
Why study at the University of Hull? Studying at Hull, students will gain a world-class education and environmental experience. It has particular research capability in social justice, environmental technologies, and maritime history.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2024.
- University or Organization: University of Hull
- Department: All
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Each worth £10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 12
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, China, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Thailand, Turkey, and Vietnam
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Hull, UK
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for a University of Hull– GREAT Scholarship 2024, all applicants must following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be a national and hold a passport from the respective countries included in this scholarship
- Applicants must have received an offer of study in a postgraduate taught degree program at the University of Hull
- Applicants must have achieved, or working towards, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in their undergraduate program recognized by the University of Hull
- Applicants must have achieved IELTS 6.5 overall, with 5.5 in each skill or equivalent, before the application deadline.
- Applicants must have not previously studied in the UK
- Applicants must have completed a University of Hull – GREAT Scholarship 2024 application form and have answered the following questions (maximum 250-word limit per question):
- What skills and knowledge have you gained to date, and how will they help you succeed in your chosen field of study?
- How does the course you have applied for at the University of Hull fit your interests and future plans, and how will the qualification enhance your career?
- What extra-curricular activities have you engaged in, and how has this contributed to your personal development?
- How will the knowledge and leadership skills you acquire as a student at the University of Hull enhance the development of your country?
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can submit an online application to apply for the GREAT scholarship. Before starting this application, applicants must apply for a postgraduate degree course starting in September 2024 at the University of Hull.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following:
- Personal statements
- Writing a research proposal
- Academic degree or certificate
- Official transcript
- The university will accept a copy of your official statement of results, certificate, or transcript by email or post. Check full details here.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have achieved, or be working towards, a grade equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree at 2.1. See our website for details for your country equivalent hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/study-at-hull/international/country-search.
- Language Requirement: If English is not the first language, applicants must check full English language proficiency requirements.
- The University of Hull, with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000.
- There are 12 scholarships available for students who are interested in studying a full-time, postgraduate taught program starting in September 2024.